Some top recipes of Gahat Daal
Gahat daal or Gath ki daal is also known as horse gram and is one of the most famous pulses in pahad, especially Uttarakhand. People of Uttarakhand enjoy eating gath ki daal with hot rice on a chilly winter day. But do you know it’s not just good in taste but also beneficial for your health? It is brownish in color and helps remove stones from the kidney. It also helps prevent diabetes, Anemia, and boosts the immune system, Helps with Weight Loss, and improves digestive health.
We have selected the best two recipes you can try by using gahat daal as the main ingredients.
1. Gahat daal with rice
- First of all, The dal should be soaked heaps washed correctly. To make this unique cuisine, wash and clean the great dal first. Now soak the dal in water for an hour, undisturbed.
- Once the dal is done, combine it with salt, turmeric, grated ginger, garlic, red chili, salt, and 7-8 cups of water in a pressure cooker. To thoroughly combine the ingredients, stir them together thoroughly. Cook for 4-5 whistles on low heat, covered. Allow the pressure to release and the cooker to open on its own naturally.
- While the dal is cooking, grind the rice with 1/2 cup water to make a rice paste. Now combine the rice paste with the cooked dal in a pan—Cook for half an hour over medium heat with the gandharein masala. Continue mashing the dal and stirring it occasionally.
- In the pan, heat ghee and add cumin seeds with asafoetida for tempering. Saute for a minute or two. Once done, remove the dal from flame and add the tempering with ghee, stir well and serve hot.
2. Gath daal parantha
To prepare this dish, you need to..
- First, take some gath daal and cook it properly.
- then cool them down.
- Combine the boiled daal and salt, pepper, and other ingredients in a mixing dish.
- Fill dough balls with the ingredients.
- Roll into an eight-inch round and fry on a hot plate until golden brown on both sides.
- Brush both sides with clarified butter and serve hot with butter, yogurt, and chutney.
You can make both recipes with our 100% organic gahal daal.
By buying our products you are not only doing a good deed for nature but also supporting the livelihoods of local women of Uttarakhand.
We are bringing together the community of so-called ‘housewives’ to dive into a creative endure.
We want our Women to realize they are more than they give themselves credit for, they are loved and they are unique.
Join our little venture and help us attain our aim to encourage people to live healthier and better life.
By smriti nautiyal